3 Beets, shredded (use caution to avoid staining)
1 Carrot, shredded
1 organic Orange, juice and zest
1 organic Lime, juice and zest
3 T Olive Oil
1/4 cup onion, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, add shredded beets, carrot, onion, and juice from the orange.
2. Add orange zest and stir.
3. Add lime zest then the juice to taste.
4. Add Olive oil and stir completely, then add salt and pepper to taste.
5. This mixture gets better over time and can keep in refrigerator for 48 hours.
6. Serve as a side dish or over salad greens, over lentils, over rice etc.